Be a responsible visitor. Seven things you can do to help save the planet..
- Conserve energy – Reduce energy by switching off lights and closing windows if heating is on. Maintain the heaters setting to the eco level (15 degrees), where possible.
- Give the car a rest – Leave the card behind, if only for a day. Walk, cycle or use public transport.
- Shop local – Use local products, they give you a flavour of the area and help support local communities. We are fortunate to have some fantastic producers of food, drink, and arts and crafts in our region. You will find details in the Visitors Information Guide and within the leaflets placed in your cottage. Check out the Made In Cumbria website, www.madeincumbria.co.uk
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – Try to avoid overly packaged goods and say no to the extra carrier bag if possible. Please use the recycling facilities outside the cottage.
- Be water wise – Please use water wisely. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and use the eco setting on the shower head. Please use the water butts at the end of the cottages to wash dirty boots.
- Respect Nature – Help us to look after the landscape and wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using footpaths and cycle ways responsibly.
- Support Green Tourism Business Scheme. Businesses are awarded Bronze, Silver and Gold for their efforts to be more environmentally responsible. See www.green-business.co.uk for more information.
And most importantly, have a great time when you are here, we'd like you to come back!